Above returns are as on August 30, 2019
Past performance may or may not be sustained in future and should not be used as a basis of comparison with other investments. Returns do not take into account the load, if any. Returns are for growth option. Different plans shall have a different expense structure.
*Where the returns are not available for particular period, they have not been shown.
**Benchmark & ***Additional Benchmark
#Total Return Index
The total return index is a type of equity index that tracks both the capital gains of a group of stocks over time, and assumes that any cash distributions, such as dividends, are reinvested back into the index. Looking at an index's total return displays a more accurate representation of the index's performance. By assuming dividends are reinvested, you effectively account for stocks in an index that do not issue dividends and instead, reinvest their earnings within the underlying company.
For example, an investment may show an annual yield of 4% along with an increase in share price of 6%. While the yield is only a partial reflection of the growth experienced, the total return includes both yields and the increased value of the shares to show a growth of 10%.
Difference between total return index & price index: A total return index (TRI) is different from a price index. A price index only considers price movements (capital gains or losses) of the securities that make up the index, while a total return index includes dividends, interest, rights offerings and other distributions realized over a given period of time.